I finally finished my Anna Maria Horner quilt.
It’s a simply tied quilt, using 3 different colors of yarn (semi-randomly). You can see the blue and the yellow at the bottom of this picture. I really didn’t want to make binding tape so I cheated and used the pre-package kind. You know what, it’s great. I may never make my own binding again.
Somehow I got it in my mind that it would be easier to hand top stitch the binding with embroidery floss than to blind stitch it.
Sometimes I impress myself with my own delusion.
It’s a nice big quilt – just about the size of a full/queen duvet. Not quite full quilt sized but I didn’t have anymore of this fabric bundle.
Plenty big enough to hide under (for you and your triceratops).
It is now at it’s final home with the boy’s nanny. I had seen she had her eye on it and there is no better way of saying ‘thanks for taking care of my kid all day long’ than something she can rest under. Gods know she must be tired.
She was pleased.