I’m not a fan of making muslins. I really don’t have enough time to make two versions of everything I want so… yeah… I just don’t do that. In this case, I found 1.5 yards of a basic blue cotton voile in the remnants bin at Stone Mountain and Daughter and decided to make a “first attempt” muslin with it. I full intended to (and have) worn this out and about.
The pattern is the Portrait Blouse from Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing. I made a small adjustment to increase the bust size but otherwise followed the pattern. I think for round two I will lengthen the blouse a bit. I don’t often tuck my shirts in and I need a bit more wiggle room between the top of my pants and the bottom of my top to avoid accidental tummy showing (see photo – thank you retouch tool).