Half-way there

Years ago I made some pillow covers for some great big Ikea floor pillows. They were probably one of the first thing I ever sewed on my sewing machine.

Considering how badly sewn they were, it’s rather surprising they lasted so long.  But one kid later, the pillows are done for.

This time, the plan is to make the cases out of a basic cotton canvas and decorate with my favorite freezer paper stenciling technique.  The boy helped decide on the designs.  He clearly has a bit of Tiny Art Director in him. Many, many designs were rejected.  I did a really cute whale that was barely even considered.  So far we have finished two.  This time I have made them removable since washable is definitely a requirement for anything in this house.

The fronts:

One dinosaur

and one orca

and even nice little backs