As I have mentioned before (and before and before and before) my projects don’t always work. A lot of the time they are just weird. It’s because I don’t follow the instructions. It’s because I take short cuts. It’s because I didn’t really understand. In short, user error. Every time. I have made these pants before. Before they have worked. This time they were weird. I’m sure it was me. It’s always me. Clearly they are just not long enough for the width. BUT, here is a tip for sewing for boys: if you put a super hero on it, it doesn’t matter that the sewing is wonky. They are his favorite pants. I’ve re-sewn some seams twice now due to active use.
The grey corduroy is the same from the first installation of these pants. I went up a size this time (4/5) so I needed to draw out a new paper pattern. I’m thinking that is where I made they mistake. The contrast fabric is from a Marvel comics print at JoAnn’s that was 70% off. All in all, I think I spent about 5 bucks. Tim Gunn would not be impressed but my little guy was. Good use of 5 bucks.